Follow the group on fb and connect with other mamaz accepting the get fit and organized challenges!

This Blog currently has over 20 Healthy Habit Challenges to get you back on track!!

  • This Blog currently has over 20 Healthy Habit Challenges to get you back on track!!

Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Habit # 17-Ditch Perfectionism!

I am a perfectionist learning to let go a little with a toddler in the house. The problem was, when the reality of taking care of a baby set in, I took "letting go" a little too far and gave up almost entirely on taking care if myself and my home! 14 months and a lotta clutter later, I realize that was a big mistake!

The secret to keeping it all together-weight, home, spirit-had slipped away for about 13 months. The secret I am talking about is consistency! The type of consistency that gets you results from 50 crunches a day and 1 space per day cleaning. What I know realize-thanks to reading a silly little article called "the good-enough guild to staying healthy" in woman's day magazine- is that having consistency with a toddler means letting go of perfectionism!

Long gone are the days of peaceful orderly systems! I found MY systems of staying on top of the laundry and dodging that good old belly bulge not only didn't fit in my new baby-centered life, but they were no longer even under my control. I have no say in when I can clean, when I can take a break and when I can work out. These things now fall into the hands of my little one, and more specifically when nap time chooses to come -o not come-each day! Isn't that the definition of "letting go: anyway?- releasing control.

I do miss the control-but for now I am choosing to be productive instead. That's where small steps to healthy habits come into the picture-insert Healthy Mamaz:)  Today I challenge you to be adopt a "little bit everyday goes a long way" attitude!!

The good-enough guild to staying healthy will help get you started by ditching just a few of your peferctionist, all-or-nothing habits!  Alas, I searched high and low for the article online, but I guess the site hasn't been updated with this months issue yet.  I did, however,  find ABC's Good-Enough Guild which seems to have the same points and only slightly different solutions!

So ditch perfectionism and aim for "good-enough" today and everyday:))

No comments:

Post a Comment