Follow the group on fb and connect with other mamaz accepting the get fit and organized challenges!

This Blog currently has over 20 Healthy Habit Challenges to get you back on track!!

  • This Blog currently has over 20 Healthy Habit Challenges to get you back on track!!

Thursday, May 26, 2011

Crock Pot Chili

I love a good veggie chili!! Lately I have been using Jillian's recipe (minus the shredded chicken). Served over rice with some shredded cheddar cheese and tofuti sour cream it is a super heart healthy filing meal!! CrockPot "Chili"

Sautee onions with some olive oil
While the onion is cooking, I usually add black beans, kidney beans, and corn to the pan. After that all cooks together, I dump it in the crock pot. I add a box of vegetable broth, a jar of salsa, some crushed or diced tomatoes, chopped spinach, and boneless/skinless chicken breasts (they can be frozen). I also usually add some adobo seasoning and chili powder. I cook it in the crockpot for at least four hours. Usually after a few hours, I take the chicken out and shred it and put it back in. This is a yummy and easy thing to make and it freezes really well.



Let me know how you like it and/or tip for this recipe...

No comments:

Post a Comment