Follow the group on fb and connect with other mamaz accepting the get fit and organized challenges!

This Blog currently has over 20 Healthy Habit Challenges to get you back on track!!

  • This Blog currently has over 20 Healthy Habit Challenges to get you back on track!!

Thursday, May 26, 2011

Recipes For Next Week


Vegan (or not) Cheesy Broccoli Soup
I like to make soup in the beginning of the week so I can have it for lunch the rest of the week with Teddy:)  Teddy is loving broccoli right now so i thought it would be a good time to dust off this recipe.  You can certainly make it with cow's milk cheese if you'd rather not go *vegan*, but it is yummy with the fake cheddar as well!  I wonder how this would do in the crock pot for the busy mamas out there??

Sugar Free Banana and Golden Raisin Bread
I'm going to serve the soup with this delish-looking recipe I saw at In Sock Monkey Slippers Blog.  Teddy loves snacking on bread and the blueberry zucchini bread was a big hit last week.  I'm sure I can think of some veggie puree to sneak in as well! ...any ideas??

Asparagus and Pesto Whole Grain Risotto
By request!  Here is a 20-minute meal that my working mamas should love! I am substituting the arborio rice for a pearled barley grain (or you can use a short grain brown rice).  Gotta get those whole grains in!!

Green Goddess Pasta
Lastly, I have to end my week with a pasta dish-my fav!  This one is so good and super nutritious with all the leafy greans:) Teddy is obsessed with spinach so I may sub that for the kale...not sure how he would do with kale anyway??

Hope you've found a few to try along with me!

No comments:

Post a Comment