Follow the group on fb and connect with other mamaz accepting the get fit and organized challenges!

This Blog currently has over 20 Healthy Habit Challenges to get you back on track!!

  • This Blog currently has over 20 Healthy Habit Challenges to get you back on track!!

Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Recipes for the week

My week now revolves around my wednesday deliveries from Suburban Organics.  Here's what I'm making with my fresh box this week:

We always have to have to have a Pasta Night over here  This recipe looks light and summery and easy enough to pack for a picnic!
Sweet Pepper Pasta with Kale and Feta

I love whole grain "bowls" they are easy to serve, easy for a toddler to eat and so nutritious!  You can try this recipe with the orzo pasta or sub for a whole grain to get the hubs and kiddos some extra vities:)
Orzo Pasta-sub rice-Yellow Squash and Musrooms

I'm playing a little bit of the "toddler eating tango" over here this week!  I give a snack-he throws it on the floor, I throw it in the trash, over and over.  Sometimes we get a bite or two, but most of the time, unless it is a pretzel, teddy is not interested:(  So here are two recommended healthy snacks that I will be trying:
Chick Pea Pancakes
GOLEAN Apple Raising Squares
I like to substitute eggs when I can and I will be trying a flax egg for the first time!

Lastly, with the holiday weekend approaching and summer here, we have been packing lots of dinner picnics.  I found this great tea to bring along with us to the townships free concert and cooper river fireworks on the 4th.  My hubby is a big fan of Iced Tea, so I think he will enjoy it all week as well!
Lemon-Lime Tea

No comments:

Post a Comment